Monday, February 13, 2006

Girl's Night Out!

Nothing is better than Saturday nights. Even snow days on a Monday. Saturday nights are still cooler. Especially when you hang out with Jess and Sophia and Corinne and go to see Curious George and Sophia's dad calls you whackjobs.

We all met at La Famiglia in Glen Cove at 6:00pm. The only person I KNEW was coming was Corinne, because she gave me a ride. Then I see the very top of a brown head in the window and knew my little beast Sophia was there. So she comes in, and I'm chugging my root beer and exploding with laughter and giving Cori life lessons (check out her blog, you'll see). So Sophia pulls another table up to ours, and orders a seltzer (ew). Then we see Jess skipping along in her pea coat, bun, tights, and leotard. And she looked pretty hot, for all those guys who want a mental image. She had a plastic bag with her clothes in it, so she went to change.

Then we ordered a small cheese pie and 6 garlic knots (because Cori LOVES garlic and ate three). And I learned that Jess does not eat pizza, she MASSACRES it. I felt bad for her slice. Honestly. She like peeled off the sauce with the cheese still stuck to it and ate that. She did not eat the bread. And I had two slices because I was hungry as a button.

While we were eating, a drew a nice little landscape in Cori's notebook with her markers, looked at it satisfactorily, and then said, "I'm going to draw a bunny." So I take the brown marker and just spontaneously draw a HUGE brown dot. It was pretty good.

And then we went to get our tickets, and the children's tickets are only for 11 and under, so I go up first, and I say in my best wheedling voice, "Can we be children for tonight?" and the guys looks at me and says, "Eh ... no." So we were students.

I go into the theatre to get our seats while the rest of the girls get refreshments, and I sit down (purposely not blocking the view of the kiddlies behind us) in front of this nice family in front of us.

I should NOT go to children's movies. I keep seeing the most subliminal messages. In Curious George. Honestly. It was very difficult to keep from shouting them out. Like with the Pink Panther preview. It was so bad. He ends up on the floor in his underwear while his phone's on vibrate. Goodness.

Oh, and the girls explained to me in great detail how the guy at the counter was hitting on Sophia. HA. It was good.

After the movie, I called my mom to give Cori, Jess, and me a ride to alicia's house (where we were staying for the night). While we were waiting for her, we took a walk down the street, and there were these two cops in their car watching us. Just watching us walk down the street. It was kind of creepy.

When we were heading back, there was this nerdy-type guy checking us out as he went back into the restaurant. And there was another REALLY hot guy wearing a pink button-down shirt underneath a green sweater. And he checked us out, too. Very hot.

And it was snowing! We were outside of Starbucks and there were yet MORE guys checking us out until Jess starts doing a snow dance. Hopping around on one foot, singing, etc. It was great.

So my mom finally comes and we drop Jess off and as she's running up the driveway to get to her house, she slips on the snow. Typical Jess.

We get to Alicia's house and she's in her jammies, so we bring all of our stuff into the basement, and I take my jeans off because I had gotten the backs wet from walking in the snow, so I'm lounging around in my panties and my button-down shirt. And Alicia and Cori are chasing me around trying to get me to put on my comfy, soft PJ bottoms. But I didn't want to, because I was very comfortable, and the heat was turned up in the basement for us because it's usually FREEZING down there.

I look out the door (it's glass) and see that there's already about a half foot of snow, so I immediately attempt unlocking it (very difficult) and when Cori finally does, I fling myself head-first into the snow. And come back in with Ali's mouth hanging open and Cori laughing at me and gettng towels because I'm freezing and wet. Me and Cori do this several times up to 3:45am while Alicia either sleeps or looks on in wonder.

The rest of the night we spend playing Truth, Dare, Kiss, or Promise (the British version of Truth or Dare). The best dare was when Ali pole-danced in her bra and PJ pants to Fall Out Boy. My iPod was hooked up to the speakers the whole time so we had lots of good music. Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Blink-182, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Clash, The Darkness, The Magic Numbers, The Killers, The Presidents of the United States of America, Sugarcult, Thursday, Yellowcard, Stephen Lynch, Michael Tolcher, Weezer, U2, Foo Fighters, Franz Ferdinand, Gorillaz, Go Betty Go, Flogging Molly, The Briggs, etc. Good music.

Me and Cori danced the whole night, I massaged Ali's feet trying to get her to get up and dance, all that jazz. She actually did get up at around 2:00am. It was fun.

And for breakfast, Gloria (Ali's mom) made us pancakes! And then we watched ... a movie. I forget which. Oh, yeah, Annie. Good movie. And Ricky (Ali's brother) watched it with us. And then Cori and I screwed around with Ali's AIM. And then we watched the beginning of High School Musical (I've never seen it) and Cori and I agree that the hottest guy is the skater who plays cello. But you only see him once! And he's really hot! It's so sad.

And then we had pigs in blankets for lunch, which is like my favorite food ever. It was good times. And I fooled around in the snow by myself for a while before Ali's dad gave Cori and I rides home.

It was fun. Good times.

No comments: