Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Fourth of Jew-lie

I had an awesome fourth. I don't know about you losers, but I had copious amounts of fun. I was barely off the beach from 11:00am to 11:00pm. An hour or two for the World Cup and dinner, a half hour for lunch, the whole she-bang. Ten minutes to get Advil for my head and non-skinned thighs. (My skin was grafted off by my super-fly new Billabong board shorts.)

Can you BELIEVE Italy beat Germany??? Two-nothing!!! It was a pretty awesome game - both of the goals were scored in overtime!!! One of them at 119 minutes - almost two hours into a match that's supposed to last an hour and a half.

Later in the day, after it had been Hannah, Jesper, and I - oh, Majsan, Thomas, Hannah, and Jesper are visiting us from Sweden - for a while on our BRAND NEW "Island Oasis" water-float-thing (complete with palm tree, ball-backrest-things, and cup holders), Steve joined us, then Nick, then Corinne and Mary, then Hayden, then it was Mike, Hayden, Steve, Nick, Hannah, and I all pushing each other off, and it was just fun in the water all day. And I's got a wicked sunburn.

And my neck hurts from looking up and watching fireworks.

And then we went back to Mike's pool and played.

Really awesome day.

I have to go call Jess now because she left a message saying she wants to go to the beach or something.

5 comments:

Patrick said...

i worked.

Nick said...

hah

Nick said...

i worked and then went home to be yellled at by my mom about how she doesnt want me going down to the beach with all the drunk people and fire and gun poweder. i say its perfectly safe. but what do i know.

Anonymous said...

Luff luff luff...

You forgot to mention that I came later too to the beach, with Cori. Member? And Corinne actually got me to swim far (for me) out in the water.

And it was all for you, darlin'. That, and I didn't want to swim all the way back alone.

Cha cha cha.

Lots o' love.

-Ali

Anonymous said...

You are nonsensical