Thursday, December 14, 2006

Alcohol and nicotine, it keeps us warm inside

Ssssh, everybody... I'm pretending to take a shower so I won't have to IM the bitches in the chatroom, namely, Nick.

Normally at this time I do take a shower, though. If you can call the routine I've developed since Monday a routine. I dick around until 5-ish, when I turn off all the lights in my room save this blue-lighted fountain, and put on my "What's Relaxing" playlist with nature sounds and Chinese bamboo music (?). I shove my rug to one side of the room. I unroll my purple yoga mat in front of my mirror.

I go into the bathroom. I pee. I return wearing only my bra and panties.

I sit on my mat in lotus, thinking of what I want to accomplish: I want to strengthen my body, mind, and soul. Some of y'all might read this and think, "That vain bitch only wants to strengthen her body." Well, I do, but I also think it's really important to have a healthy mind. So... go me.

Then I do sitting twists, which sometimes crack my back very nicely. Three on each side. Then I sit with my left leg tucked in and my right leg straight out and stretch and hold it three times. Then I switch.

Breathing deeply. In three counts (thinking "Om nama shivaya"), hold for two ("namaste"), out for three ("om nama shivaya").

Then I do my kicks, which remind me of some weird-ass 80s work-out video Alicia's mom had in their basemente. And this thong-assed leotard Corinne and I giggled over in Joan's Attic. Or is it Jones' Attic? What a mystery.

Then I do three sun salutations, holding the middle one the longest and lowering, instead of knees-chest-chin, straight down.

Then I rock-and-roll three times, coming up the last time into boat and holding it. I repeat this twice more.

Then I do a shoulderstand and hold it as long as I can, constantly working my way higher.

Then I practice a balancing pose. Monday I did tree. Tuesday I did standing dragon. Wednesday I did warrior three. Today I did dancer.

Then I do whatever I wish. Today I did dolphin and shark, for arm strength.

Then I meditate (breathing deeply) for however long I like.

Then I shower.

But today I didn't shower. I went online. Where I am now.

I'm so happy I've gotten back to yoga. I add it to my places I truly feel I fit in: 1) the stage, 2) skiing, 3) yoga.

-hugs self-

1 comment:

Patrick said...

"Then I do sitting twists, which sometimes crack my back very nicely."

i'm sure it's better than mike cracking your back. that wasn't done very nicely.



SET YOUR PACE TO GRUELING AND RATIONS TO MEAGER - GOODBYE COOL WORLD